What is eDDA?
eDDA refers to electronic Direct Debit Authorisation. eDDA is also a value-added service in the FPS promoted by HKMA to support the setting-up of an authorisation to debit the payer’s account by direct debit payments initiated by the payee through FPS. Freeman Securities can also initiate eDDA instructions. This function enables our customers to link their bank accounts with Freeman Securities. Once eDDA instruction is established via our Freeman Securities App, the bank will execute your payment instructions instantly.
The advantages of eDDA’s fund deposit
Every fund deposit arrives instantly*
No need to notify us after deposit
No deposit limit*
Available for 24-hour deposit#
第一部份: 申請eDDA 步驟
登入網上證券交易系統 -> 1. 選擇eDDA存款服務
3. 填上付款人銀行資料 -> 4. 提交
6. 成功提交後， 會有參考編號，記錄後按確定
8.填入金額 -> 9. 提交
|(004)||HONGKONG AND SHANGHAI BANKING CORPORATION|
|(024)||HANG SENG BANK|
|(012)||BANK OF CHINA (HONG KONG)|
|(015)||BANK OF EAST ASIA|
|(003)||STANDARD CHARTERED BANK|
|(016)||DBS BANK (HONG KONG)|
|(250)||CITIBANK (HONG KONG)|
|(009)||CHINA CONSTRUCTION BANK (ASIA)|
|(382)||BANK OF COMMUNICATIONS (HONG KONG)|
|(238)||CHINA MERCHANTS BANK|
|(035)||OCBC WING HANG BANK|
|(072)||INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL BANK OF CHINA (ASIA)|
|(018)||CHINA CITIC BANK INTERNATIONAL|
|(041)||CHONG HING BANK|
|(020)||CMB WING LUNG BANK|
|(040)||DAH SING BANK|
|(043)||NANYANG COMMERCIAL BANK|
|(028)||PUBLIC BANK (HONG KONG)|
|(039)||CHIYU BANKING CORPORATION|
|(025)||SHANGHAI COMMERCIAL BANK|
|(038)||TAI YAU BANK|
|(128)||FUBON BANK (HONG KONG)|
|(387)||ZA BANK LIMITED|
|(222)||AGRICULTURAL BANK OF CHINA|
|(203)||FIRST COMMERCIAL BANK|
Q: Is eDDA service available to my Freeman Account ?
A: All of our Individual Accounts support eDDA, while Joint Accounts and Corporate Accounts are not compatible.
Q: Is my Bank Account ready for eDDA set up with Freeman?
A: Your registered information at Freeman including Name, Identity Number and Contact Number must be identical to those registered with your bank.
Q: What currency does eDDA support?
A: eDDA can only process payments in Hong Kong Dollars.
Q: How do I inform the company of my eDDA deposit?
A: Deposit via eDDA can be processed instantly without notifying us by submitting deposit slips. (Cutoff time: 4:15pm on trading days)
Q: How long does it take for eDDA deposit to process?
A: eDDA deposits are processed instantly on trading days, but the processing time may vary from bank to bank. eDDA deposits on non-trading days will be processed on the next trading day.
Q: How is the interest calculated for repayment via eDDA?
A: Interest is accrued daily with a cut-off time of repayment by 4:15pm on trading days.
Q: How is the eDDA deposit recorded in account statement?
A: eDDA deposits processed before 4:15pm on trading days will be recorded in the statement on the same day. eDDA deposits processed after 4:15pm or on non-trading days will be recorded in statement on the next trading day.
Q: How to register for eDDA?
A: Please login the internet trading platformand complete the eDDA deposit registration under “Deposit/Withdrawal”. The processing time for registration may vary from bank to bank.
Q: Will I be charged for the eDDA service?
A: As an advanced service of FPS, eDDA at Freeman is free of charge.
Q: How to cancel the eDDA?
A: Please contact your bank to cancel the registered authorization.
*Subject to the processing time of the bank(s)
#Only applicable on the trading days
Terms and Conditions for e-Direct Debit Authorisation Services (“eDDA Services”)
- I/We hereby authorise my/our designated bank or Stored Value Facility Licensee (“SVF Licensee”, has the meaning in the Payment Systems and Stored Value Facilities Ordinance (Cap. 584 of the Laws of Hong Kong)) to effect transfer from my/our account to Freeman Securities Limited (“FSL”) in accordance with such instructions as my/our bank or SVF Licensee may receive from FSL from time to time (“Transfer”) provided always that the amount of any one such Transfer should not exceed the limit, if any, as specified.1. I/We hereby authorise my/our designated bank or Stored Value Facility Licensee (“SVF Licensee”, has the meaning in the Payment Systems and Stored Value Facilities Ordinance (Cap. 584 of the Laws of Hong Kong)) to effect transfer from my/our account to Freeman Securities Limited (“FSL”) in accordance with such instructions as my/our bank or SVF Licensee may receive from FSL from time to time (“Transfer”) provided always that the amount of any one such Transfer should not exceed the limit, if any, as specified.
- I/We irrevocably authorise FSL to transfer, debit or deduct any money in my/our account maintained with FSL so as to pay, discharge, satisfy any liabilities, including the outstanding moneys, fees, charges and expenses, etc., payable by me/us.
- I/We agree that by default, this direct debit authorisation shall have no maximum limit of the amount in each Transfer and have no expiry date. If I/we wish to reset the maximum limit of the amount in each Transfer or expiry date of the authorisation, I/we should apply to my/our bank or the SVF Licensee directly.
- I/We understand that the provision of the eDDA Services and the direct debit authorization arrangement are subject to the applicable rules and restrictions of my/our designated bank or Stored Value Facility License, which include but are not limited to possible delay in the set up of eDDA Services and effecting any Transfer. FSL assumes no liabilities for any losses arising from such restrictions.
- I/We understand that I/we must maintain sufficient funds in the account at the time of making the Transfer. I/We agree that should there be insufficient funds in my/our account to meet any Transfer, I/we shall jointly and severally assume full responsibilities, which include but are not limited to:• my/our bank or SVF Licensee may at its absolute discretion, not to effect such a Transfer or cancel this authorisation at any time without notice; and• my/our bank or SVF Licensee may levy its additional charges for any overdraft (or increase in existing overdraft) on my/our account which may arise as a result of any such Transfer(s).
- I/We understand that there may be discrepancies between the status of Transfer shown on this trading system and the actual status of such Transfer.
- Without reducing the effect of any indemnity given by me/us under the terms and conditions of Client Trading Agreement or any other rights or remedies that FSL may have, I/we will indemnify FSL and its officers, employees and agents and hold each of them harmless against all liabilities, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, charges and expenses of any kind (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis and other expenses reasonably incurred) which may be incurred or suffered by FSL or any of them and all actions or proceedings which may be brought by or against FSL or any of them as a result of or in connection with the provision of the eDDA services by FSL or my/our use of the eDDA services, except where it is proved that such liabilities, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, charges, expenses, actions or proceedings are direct and reasonably foreseeable arising directly and solely from the negligence or wilful default by FSL or that of its officers, employees or agents.
- I/We understand that FSL has the right to suspend or terminate the eDDA Services in whole or in part, including but not limited to not to effect any Transfer or cancel this authorization, at any time without giving notice or reason.
- I/We agree that FSL may revise any provisions contained in the Terms and Conditions and/or introduce additional provisions at any time and from time to time after giving reasonable notice. Such provisions, any revision and/or additions thereto shall become effective when brought to my/our attention by way of notice and shall be deemed to have been accepted by, and binding on, me/us if I/we continue to use the eDDA Services currently provided by FSL after the effective date of such notice.
- In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions of the Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.
- I/We agreed that by requesting FSL to set up any eDDA for me/us, or by initiating any payment or funds transfer using direct debit authorization service, I/we will be regarded as having understood, accepted and will be bound by the provisions of the Terms and Conditions and that I/we have been invited to seek independent legal advice.